Kiwi's Can Play Poker

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blogger Tour Event 4

Saturday Nov 4th 1500.

97 players were seated and rearing to go in the Irongirls Omaha Hi, 8 seat tourney.

Players at my table:
newfie25
stuarthomegame
DamRiver
bolcs5
KiwiWiz
lifesagrind
gohabs1234
thepurdle

The players with Irongirl as their target and at their table were...
Goliath2180
SweBlackbird
skinski
Chatuba
Kugr84
biggestron
abstratto
and of course Irongirl

Even before the Blinds had been raised the first time the field had found its first casualty... z0ot64 and the leaders had also put a little distance on the rest of the field.

Enortore 2nd casualty of the tourney, and EgonOlsen rasing to a 4,320 1st place position and still the blinds havn't been raised.

Irongirl is still secure mid field only posting blinds and sitting near the starting chip count.
Just in time to see the first Blind Raise the Field loses 2 more players and Egon Moves further ahead...

My luck so far has been having KKQQ (2 suited) raising that and seeing 3 cards to another suit hit the board... Flopping a set of Ks only to lose to running straights,(and the wheel at that to make it worse). I am hoping I can at least have a strong hand hold for once, as my return back to p.com since the move back to NZ has been very bad, every dominating hand has lost and every set beaten on the river by the Fish....

Anyway back to the game....

20 hands into the tourney... The top 2 players have over 5k already and we have lost 8 from the starting field of 97.
I am well down the field in 72nd place with 1740... njust ahead of Irongirl our Target (and host of this tourney).

Over the next 10 hands, my luck didn't change raising AAK10 to see 995 hit the board, in yet again the suit I don't have covered...

10 more players out, and the spread of Chips still going to the same players.... Hi stack TOMASO2 with 6500 and low stack has a meagre 540.


Irongirl is still midfield with 1,630 in chips and I am not even sure if she is seated 35 hands dealt 1 win and lots of close but bad luck hands... I am back in 70 of 75 with 1415 in chips, meanwhile TOMASO2 has doubled his stack to over 11k..

My Table is down to 6 with thepurdle taking both the other players out and moving his stack onto 8235.

Managed to double up through flopping 2 pair from BB and having it Boat on the Turn for me.. now in 36th of 75.. Irongirl is losing her chips and is now down to 1130, 68 of 75.. I hope we break tables and I have a chance at those chips.

50th hand just dealt, TOMASO2 has again lept up in the chip count to a 2-1 lead over 2nd place thepurdle, low stack is currently Rahaboss with 540, and I am sitting in 36th with 1765. Irongirl is still holding in there with 930 after posting her BB. And we have 73 remaining.

BB raised I have am 2 suited with A10 my top cards call and see yet again.. the Other suit dominate the flop, maybe I should just throw money on anything and hope like some of the Omaha players.

The first of the table changes due to the field size has occured and I am still sitting on my and am now joined by, tomonbass and mick5453 both of which are sitting around the same chip stack as myself... TOMASO2 has joined irongirlll with his 15k in chips.

Hand 60 on my table and 52 on Irongirls... she has 630 left and just posting blinds next hand... I think, she is close to giving someone her points


Her bb she goes all in over the top of TOMASO2 and loses.... so Chip leader increases his lead and takes the Hosts scalp.

57 remaining average chip count 3403, Chip Leader 15115, low stack, 415 I am holding firm at 38th with 1390.

And on we go to the break....

Current Standings...

Chip Leader Goliath2180 , since skinski took 6k in chips off TOMASO2 on the hand before the break...

2nd skinski 10210
3rd EgonOlsen 10142

Low Stack
DaMatrix 145

I am currently in 36th position with 1390 and blinds only 2 hands away at 200/100


Still my luck is running dry... AAKQ 3 suited. Only to see KQ10H hit the flop... Im dead yet again.

The field is now down to 50 with Hi Stack astinaguy with 14255 and low stack zowieZ with 60, average stack is now 4127 and I am back in 30th with 1915.
I have not seen the positive side of the chips (2000) since the start of the game...

WQith the blinds now at 150/300 I have just about no option but to push really hard on mext bet to try and make up some ground.

88th Hand 40 left and the chip spread is $16155 to $25 and average stack @ 4850.
I am currently nestled away in 24th place.


Ok My last 5 BBS raised all in by people I make a stand with AQQ10 against higher stack... He has AA26... and calls my reraise all in.

Flop A enough for me to go out in 30th place and yet again to a marginal hand.. sure AA is good but to hit the Case Ace really hurts...

Stack amounts at the moment are.

Hi Stack 31,120 astinaguy
14,292 EgonOlsen 2nd

Low stack in 28th place crazylegs1984 with 50.

Slowly the field is reduced :
Egon has moved into 1st with 39392
while flushedhand is low stack in 16th with 2443. The average stack is 12125 with only 4 players above that

Final table time...

1st freeroll26 46607
2nd astinaguy 38072
egonOlsonn 31963
MTLdon 30930
imjusthereforthebeer
kufolem
stenenslb
Rahaboss

A little too and frowing and the final 5 are set with freeroll in 1st Egon in 2nd
and MTLdon in 5th the chip range is 84133 to 26052.

Final 3... freeroll, Egon and Imjusthereforthebeer..

Chip stacks 80k 57k 56k.. freeroll started to take control of the final 3 moving into a comanding 110k chip stack to the other stacks of 41 and 26k.

Egon out in 3rd with freeroll increasing his lead to nearly a 2 - 1 chip lead over imjusthereforthebeer.


Next handbeer raises AA and is reraised by freeroll holding Kqq... turn 5 river a 9 to complete freerolls straight and give him the win...

Congrats to freeroll, and all who played...

see ya at the next one.
Flop JTK setting freeroll up for the straight.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home