Kiwi's Can Play Poker

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Good Day at the Tables

Well yesterday was one of my better days at the tables..

I entered 3 tourney, 2 Omaha PL, the Forum Individual and the 1k Freeroll.

After being rivered out of the 1st Omaha, I flopped a Boat and 4 callers bet before me I pushed the max bet, 1 person called, he caught his bigger boat on the river to take me out.. I then moved onto the Forum Individual MTT.

I got lucky with one hand then bust down rebuilt myself and then it happened, I hit it big calling into a raised bet with 44 against the top 2 stacks, I flop a 4 and they miss their sets for their pps AA KK, I check and let them bet moved all in with a Check raise and got called by both. I move to Hi stack and basically stay there until the end... Finished with a HU with one of my Forum Team Buddies... and took the win.

Onto the 1k, moved into 4th place early in the tourney and stayed in the top 20 basically for the first hour.. after the break, nothing, cards were colder a penguins privates in a whiteout. I managed to pick up 1 hand and made it to the next hour break..

Thinking this would be the time to start seeing cards again, but little did I know, the cards got even colder.... While all this was happening the next Omaha Tourney started.
So I was playing Omaha and the 1k at the same time. switching tables back and forth, I trippled up in Omaha to take 1st early with flopping the Nuts, and slow playing it all the way and pushing what Ihoped looked like a steal on the river when a deuce hit.... 2 players called my bet and I took them out.. Meanwhile my 1k cards remained cold for the next hour and I was starting to panic in there as I was rapidly losing all my chips to the blinds...

Back to the Omaha again to see, another good hand hold me in 1st for the next 30 mins, while the next break in the 1k was nearing I moved in with AQo and AK called I hit 2 pair on the flop pushed a large bet was raised so went all in.... He showed AK, no K hit the board and I doubled up to mid field. But still a long way to go to make any money.

The omaha moved progressively towards the final table with me moving back and forth from 1st and 5th... Until The Final table was formed I was sitting in 9th and only 5 being paid...

The 1k was on its 2nd break and I was just outside the money and realy worried...

As the players dissapeared off the final table in the OH, I didnt improve my chip count and was close to being put out in around 6th when my luck changed... 3rd stack raised , called by 4th stack and hi stack went over the top putting them all in if they called, they did and Hi stack took out 2 leaving 6 of us with the new low stack only haning 800 and blinds at 1k... my own stack was 6k.... I could breath eassier as I knew I could get money back... but I started to catch some hands and between myself and Hi stack we moved everyone off leaving me a maassive underdog with 12k to Hi stacks 48k... but I finished 2nd... so I was really happy with that result...

Now I could concentrate back on the 1k, which was now down to 40 with me sitting at 36 and only 30 paid.... the third break was coming up and still no real cards since the first 1 hour session...

Just after the 3rd break I started to catch a couple of hands that moved me up the chips a little moving into mid 20s as the bubble position was burst... Then a couple of strategic ALL INS from mid or late position let me steal some blinds (2/4k) so that I was able to move into the mid teen positons and finally into the Final Table...

Mid stacked I pushed every pp and every Good Ace, eg AJ thru I was briefly into 1st but dropped quickly when chach trippledup into the 300k chip count, I was 2nd with around 120 and 3 others around the 100...

I started to catch a couple of hands and pushed hard got into a couple of HUs and then had my Big break with blinds at 10/20k... I had posted chach raised 1xbb called by 1 other I had 55 so called.. flop was 3 4 6.. I moved all in with my remaining chips, they folded I showed to let them see I had pair and also drawfor straight... and not straight bluff or steal (I do this occasionally so that I can bluff or steal later.. one of my techniques) They both missed their flops and had AK AJ I moved into the 240k and 1st again...

Down to final 4, Chach pused a raise on my bb again I reraised all in with a pp he called and missed his AJ while my 88 stood up... I had 500k 2nd had 240 and low stack 110 approximately.... low stack took out mid leaving the 2 of us close and I just got lucky with a couple of hands... pushing hard with my 2face valued cards hard and just 2x raising my single cards from K up... until I was dominating in chips approx 700k to 100k....

I had K2 in sb raised to 80k low stack pushed all in... I thought about it and felt since I had that much in I called... they had A6... I hit a K on flop and it stood up... I won and took out the 1k and received the 1k Cup trophy on my name tag now... giving me the 1k, 500 ribbon and 200 ribbon to decorate my name...

So to sum it up 2nd in Oh, 1st in Forum and 1st in 1k...

Lets see if this luck can stay.... only twice did my lower cards beat out a higher cards... AQ to AK and the final K2 vs A6.. all the other times my hand were the leading cards at the time I put in the money... and it is such a nice feeling to see the lead hand win.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home