Kiwi's Can Play Poker

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Aussie Freeroll Grand Final

Well 652 of us lined up at the Tables for the 1 Prize up for grabs... a $12500 Package to the Aussie Millions..

After Playing very Tight and Correct poker, reading the plays correctly I moved into 1st place about halfway through the tourney..

I shuffled in the top 3 for the next 1 1/2 hours until the final 2 tables where I moved back and forth twice..

Once we were down to the Final 10, It happened... Cold Card.. Nothing for so long..

I held out with my 200k for a lot then moved in UTG with a $40k Raise with 88, Button reraise all in 73k, I called he showed AQo and caught the Q... I was chopped in half..

A couple of steals and all in moves with Ak AQ and I was back to around 150k but in 5th place..

I call in to a 10k Raise with K10s and hit the 10 on the flop. SB Moved all (280k) in after the flop 1 caller so I folded, SB showed Ace Hi and Caller showed 88 in hand... Nothing hit and the Caller won. (I folded the 10s, after the all in with Q, 10 7 on the board... and would have taken down a monster pot.. but missed my opportunity.

Nothing again with 4 Blinds going past me and everyone raising my blinds... at this stage they were 6 & 12k...

I finally decided to make a stand UTG with 22 move all in 59k get called by HI stack, who show QQ.. I don't improve and am beaten out in 6th place..

Congrats to the Remaining table and eventual winner Paunch... with a dominating 900k stack against 300k in the HU...

Maybe next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home